Sunday, September 9, 2012

September (MWF) Untried Challenge: Week 1 Wrap-Up


Hey everyone! I'm Victoria, better known as murflegirl on MUA and my blog here on Blogger is Beauty Out Loud.

So along with some other Nail Boarders, I'm participating in the MWF Untried Challenge. It's easy: you simply wear an untried polish every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday in September! I figured this would be a great way for me to cut out some of my untrieds. This week, I figured out why some of my polishes were untried. Check it out behind the cut!

September Untried Challenge: Week 1



Monday: a-England Tristam
You can view my post for Tristam here.



Wednesday: Avon Midnight Plum
This was a truly wonderful polish. The formula had the perfect consistency. Two coats made it opaque and it dried to a glossy shine. This is a beautiful, vampy dark plum that's perfect for fall.
All swatches are two costs with Seche Vite.
Verdict: Keep!

Crappy iPhone photo!

Crappy iPhone photo!


Friday: Avon Rave
This was an interesting one. The formula was very thin and watery do I found it migrating towards my cuticles quite a bit. This is a gleaming rose foil with just a hint of silver and maybe the tiniest bit of copper. This is pretty but I don't think it suited me.
Verdict: Swap/Sell!



Pardon my awesome (NOT!) photos. Next week will be more coordinated.
Did you wear anything untried this week? Let me know in the comments! Or better yet, partake in the September Untried Challenge with me!

4 comments:

  1. I Will not be happy until I get Tristam....sigh. I'm loving the untried challenge! The only thing is I'm buying more than I'm untrying, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I know what you mean! The butterLONDON BOGO tomorrow...luckily it fits right in alphabetical order to be tried next! haha! :D

      Delete
  2. I think Avon Rave is beautiful with your skintone! But all three manis are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete