Friday, September 7, 2012

Nina Ultra Pro Cobalt

Nina Ultra Pro Cobalt
The polish I wanted Revlon Royal to be. Love this jelly! Nina revamped their bottle shape and brush. The brush is now a wide one. I know some people hate the wide brushes. I was indifferent and mostly worried about brushes that were too skinny and flimsy (Wet n' Wild Wild Shine). 




After using the wide brush I was extremely surprised with how much control of the polish I had. It takes some getting used to, especially with skinny nails. For my pinky I just applied less pressure and angled the brush. I am beginning to love the wider brush! Less strokes, cleaner edges. This was my first time using this brush and formula and look, no clean up! Enough about that, let's take a look at the color!




This is 2 coats with no top coat. Perfect base for a jelly sandwich! I want to enjoy this for a day before I jellywich it.

Thanks for reading.  Don't break a nail, PinkQueen 

7 comments:

  1. Seeing this again...I think I really do need it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh I love this! *adds to shopping list*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely. But, could you explain why you like this more than Revlon Royal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula is so easy to use it glides on effortlessly. The Revlon Royal I got a few months ago was way more opaque than other claim their bottles are. Others have commented on the board that the formula on Royal has been inconsistent. My bottle goes opaque with one coat! And it does not self-level like the Nina. I also feel that the Nina brush is better than the Revlon brush.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the explanation. I love IKB-like blues, so I'll have to pick this up, despite my dread of paddle brushes!

      Delete
  4. Wow, look at that... *lems* It looks brighter than my bottle of Revlon Royal!

    ReplyDelete