Monday, November 5, 2012

My first Post...Purple Gradient With Shimmer

Hi I'm rmcandlelight from Makeupalley/nailcare board.   I want to thank Pinkqueen for letting me join this awesome group.  Yay! Nailboards Unite.

I love purple and here is a simple gradient purple with shimmer. 

                                Items Used:
Sinful Colors is an awesome brand they have lots of beautiful colors to choose from.  I purchased Perfection "10" from Walmart.  I love the iridescent shimmer.

To get the gradient effect I layered on SC Verbena the lighter color of the 2 purples.  Then I used a makeup sponge applied both colors next to one another dabbed on nails until I was satisfied with the look.  Lastly, added on one coat of Perfection 10, Power UP.  It looks amazing I couldn't stop looking at my nails.  

Have a great nail polish day!


5 comments:

  1. Oh, thanks for this! I've been looking for some of that type of shimmer for frankens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it would make some great frankens. I hope you can still find this brand at Walmart.

      Delete
  2. This is nice! I didn't realize the contrast between those two purples was that pronounced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a big difference in color. They make a great gradient :)

      Delete
  3. That looks beautiful! I can never get gradients right... yours looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete